Tuesday, September 11, 2018

The old "pantry purge"...

Pantry Purge
The fall and spring time, seem to bring out the "purge" ghost in us.  We get tired of rummaging through pantries, closets, cupboards and other storage areas, looking to see what we can get rid of.
Closets are easy.  We seem to feel the need to "out with the old" in with the "new" items, be it shoes, clothing etc.
Household items we don't use anymore.
But honestly, and I say this time and time again, do we ever notice how much we seem to spend on food these days.
Yesterday I did the seasonal purge of my pantry and came to the conclusion that I could have people grocery shop in my home quite easily, between my pantry findings and the cantina, or old cold cellar.
Sad but true, we all have cupboards and/or pantries that look like this.  I managed to go through and get rid of expired and old items, and found many of the same thing.
Decided that we probably, as a family, wouldn't even eat all this food I had in a month's time.
So I made a box of good non perishable and perishable items I could bring to the needy.  It never seems to amaze me I tell you.  Sales are great, and coming from European upbringing, more was more.... we needed to be stocked in case of company arriving or a war.  Whichever arrived first.  So that being said, we have enough toilet paper till the end of the year.... rice, pasta, and many cans of assorted vegetables, and soups.  Should old man winter, be bad to us, come to eat at my home..... I'll keep you well fed.  Better yet, give it to the closest charitable organization... it will make your day !   God bless you all !



No comments:

Post a Comment

December downtime ....

Hello fellow bloggers, FB friends/family, Twitter peeps, and Google + followers... I've decided this month to take some downtime, t...