Thursday, September 20, 2018

ROAD RAGE... okay that caught your attention hgh ?

"Road rage is aggressive or angry behavior exhibited by a driver of a road vehicle, which includes rude and offensive gestures, verbal insults, physical threats or dangerous driving methods targeted toward another driver or a pedestrian in an effort to intimidate or release frustration."...Wikipedia.

Today of all days of course, how appropriate... From an accident on the north service in the creek area, to major grid lock in our wee township of Stoney Creek, aka City of Hamilton.

We see it on the news, and most of us, just figured it would be okay.  QEW closed both directions.  That should of told us something.  Where are our early morning commuters going.  Through our fine arteries in our city of course.  Most of you can't walk to work, but if you can, today would have been a good day to do so.

I walked down the end of our street and looked down Barton in both directions, and hell hath no fury like a morning commuter.  Love thy fellow man got shot out like a canon.  I wish I could have taken some pictures of the faces I seen.

Why bother honking people.  The guy 50 cars ahead of you can't move, nor can the one in front of you.  The best is then, when they block intersections, because the traffic lights are at a stop, and they're wondering why the poor bastard is sitting at end of his street and can't get out to turn either left or right.

People, call work and tell them you're going to be late, and go with the flow.  Take it from me, a person , who I will admit hands down, that i do suffer from road rage.  We are not going to get any further by being upset, or honking or yelling at guy in front because the truck in front of him moved 6 inches, and you want him to move forward.  Buddy,  if I can't see your license plate, and can see your nose hairs, you way to close to me, so back off (lol).

W.T.F. people... What is happening in our society, is we've run out of patience for anything.  Slow moving seniors in a grocery store, or the woman on her cell trudging along the aisles as she shops and talks. LIne-ups in the grocery store check outs.  Traffic jams and fighting for closets parking spot come holiday shopping.  Oh I know I have you thinking now, and your blood pressure is smoking already.  I can feel it through my laptop.

We've all been guilty of losing our cool time and time again.  If you've ever driven in the car with me, you'd know that first hands.  I have a GF that likes me to drive places, when we go out, but shutters at my driving skills, especially if someone is slow in front of me.  Again, hell hath no fury when "B" is on the road.  But honestly then, we hate it when someone does it to us, but yet, we get caught up in that moment from time and time again.

So, like many others, I need to re think my thinking.  I am not going to get where i'm going any faster, by losing my shit in the car. Might feel right at the time.  The dreaded fear of losing our jobs, or not getting the kids to school on time.  Well, that's where we have to stop creating these bad scenarios happening, so that we can calmly get to work, however long it takes, or to wherever it is were going.  


In closing, drive safe, be aware of your surroundings and who's in the car with you also (a.k.a. children).  Speeding up and down side streets to avoid the grid lock isn't safe, and not going to get you there any faster.  Its a disaster waiting to happen.  All you who sped through my street today thinking either artery was clear, ha ha to you and shame on you.  We have children walking up to the bus stop, and your bolting like maniacs down our roadway.  So lucky I'm not a police officer, I would have had a hay day today !

So be good, play nice with others, and share the road.  Hoping your day is better than your morning commute, and be safe coming home.  Love you all Miss "B"

No comments:

Post a Comment

December downtime ....

Hello fellow bloggers, FB friends/family, Twitter peeps, and Google + followers... I've decided this month to take some downtime, t...