Friday, September 21, 2018

Mobile / Cell phone Age.... where are we headed ...

Today was an interesting day my dear friends, it was a day of reckoning for some people that I "bumped" into...AND NOT BY CHOICE.

By this I mean, holy Moses, we have turned into cell phone zombies.  Two times today, I ran into two people who were wondering the hospital hallways, with their heads down and buried into their mobile devices, totally oblivious to their surroundings and where they were walking into.

People, you are walking, put them away.  People, you are at lunch and enjoying people's company, put the damn things away.  I know what you are thinking, oh yeah, she does it too.  Yes I have .... guilty as charged.  But there is a time and place.  This past month, I have done so good, as to leave it behind even when I go shopping or to visit my Auntie.  Yes, that's right.  I utilize my laptop at a time for me to write my blogs, but I don't use my cell phone to tie up my time.  It's hard, but I am trying.

We have become a society of dependence on this device that is quite harmful to our health also.
So today, as I was wondering down a hospital corridor, I ran into one individual whom I think was a resident doctor, and said HEY quite loudly, LOOK UP !..... he laughed and got the point.... he nearly ran into me, and I thought to myself, we have so many wheel chair patients and visitors, that one day they are clearly going to run into someone.  Then out at lunch for my walk, same damn thing happened... I'm thinking you are going to cross a road, and or an intersection and get yourself damn killed.
I hate it when our kids bring it to the dinner table also.  Again, guilty as charged.  Breathe, enjoy your surroundings, and for respect, lets put them away when we are together.  What is so important.  We have become a society that's hell bent on knowing everyone else's business.  Affair's get started quite easily, believe me I know.  Whatever happened to wanting to hang with friends, at dinner and talk about anything that comes up.  Be it our kids, our work, our families and what's happening in our lives, other than 'CHECKING IN" and posting trip pictures and excursions.  Yeah it's wonderful, we enjoy seeing them and we like and love them, and make the odd comments, but I'm talking about when we are spending time with each other.

This new age has truly changed.  How did our parents do it.  They still got their flyers and newspapers and read, and communicated, and yet, we now have FLIPP and social media, and we don't talk anymore.  For one week, count how many times, you've actually picked up your  phone and talked to a family member and/or friend instead of texting.  I guarantee it, it was texting.  I know I'm guilty of it.  Again, trying to make some lifestyle changes.  Think of how you feel without, or when you've lost it, either around your house, and/or left it at work or at a store.

All I can say, is make an attempt.  Don't bring it to dinner, if you do , leave it in your purse or back pocket.  If you feel compelled to check it, excuse yourself and do it.  But make conversation people.  I see it day and day out with couples, husbands and wives, sitting across the room, and we don't make conversation anymore, we cell chat.   If it's not your cell, than even your Ipad, tablet or any other device that warrants your attention.  I feel like, cell phones, should have stayed the way their original use was, strictly to make calls.  A way of communicating, in case of emergencies etc.  Now we are carrying mini laptops around, and we have banished all privacy rights.  They have been equipped with GPS, so that police and government authorities can find us.  They can trace every conversation and picture we sent over the WWW, even if we have erased them.  They are always public knowledge of our phone providers.  We have passwords on our mobile devices of all sorts, between a married couple, have we ever asked ourselves why ?  What is it that we have on our mobile devices, that they shouldn't be able to see or read.  I know my whole family knows mine.  They know my laptop, ipad and cell phone passwords, or logins.  It is what it is.  We go out and keep them face down, for worry that our spouses or BF's or GF's can't see what pops up ?  Come on, people, you have to clearly ask yourselves why?

But honestly, when walking the halls, or down the street, or you're at a park with your kids, make the effort.  Spend time with your loved ones and talk, talk, talk.   Find out what's happening in our lives, the old fashioned way, conversation.  Put them away at family events, and enjoy each others company, and damn it, LOOK UP when you're walking and don't be a CELL PHONE ZOMBIE.
Love you all, Miss "B" xo



2 comments:

December downtime ....

Hello fellow bloggers, FB friends/family, Twitter peeps, and Google + followers... I've decided this month to take some downtime, t...