Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Self - Care....

Yes, that's right Self Care... Your body is a temple and shouldn't be ignored.  I would kill to resurface in a foreign country 10 years later.... with a new identity... but it doesn't have to be like that.

Don't let the media tell you, you need to act a certain way, or look a certain way.  We need to start feeling good about ourselves at any time.  Even the bad hair days !!!

Take it from someone who has struggled with weight issues the better part of her adult life.  It seems growing up in an Italian family brought on eating habits that are second to none.
We ate at all hours, and we cooked 3-5 course meals, sometimes 7 or 8.   The main source of nutrition was carbs (pasta/breads) and sweets (dolce biscotti) and well, the forever , not so lean cuts of meat,  kill the lamb and pig.... (and the cute bunnies, but we won't go there)

That's with many ethnic and European backgrounds...many of you guys can vouch or those garage slaughters of meat that happened at Easter and Christmas

Taking care of our temples is a day to day battle.  We seem to want to fight the aging process, but it wins at the end.  My Dad used to say, be "o naturale'..... yes be natural.  So much of what we put in and on our bodies, lets face it, is no DAMN good.  Whether it be greasy foods, or all this market of make ups and lotions and potions.  WTF.... All you Sephora freaks lol... hahahhaah come on, i know your laughing now.

Then 10 years down the road we hear about what harmful chemicals this shit is really made of.  WELL HELLO PEOPLE !!!!  Christ my almighty , what did we think we were gonna hear about.... remember the saying, if it s too good to be true, it usually is.

Whether its anti aging creams, plastic surgery, and working out every day to the point of exhaustion, if we are not happy within, that shell of a body ain't gonna make no difference what happens to you.

Believe me, I have struggled with self gratification for most of my life.  Mostly due to weight struggles, but inner happiness is the key to all success.  If you're happy with yourself, and who you are, then that's more than half the battle.  You don't need that nose fixed.... that ass tightened, those extra layers of muscles, so you can look hot in a wife beater lol... FOCUS people.... FOCUS....

I ended up with compounding health issues, both physically and emotionally and mentally because of weight issues etc.  Health issues compounded and I did it all, thousands of dollars to Herbalife, Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers, and hell probably more, and at end of the day, if I wasn't happy with who i was, nothing was going to work.  I took my life into my own hands, and got the help i needed, once I knew that I loved myself more on the inside than the outside.  It is and always will be, going to war with food, and keeping active.  I have advanced osteo in my knee and hip, but hell if it's going to take me down.  And I've suffered with Fibromyalgia, since my daughter was born, 25 years ago.  And at that time doctor's thought I had Lupus.  That was enough to make me want to run for the hills.

To this day, even being down over 100lbs, I struggle to keep my inner self happy.  We all have that from time to time.  Men and Women.  I get a kick sometimes, reading our postings on social media, when we check into gyms, or post work out pics, and etc. etc.  You don't have to prove nothing but to yourself.  If you love cycling, then do it.... if you love weight lifting, kayaking, running, or martial arts, then do it.  If you wanna fly a plane, then just do it.... NIKE says it best.  The best health is the one for your brain.

If you want to body build, to make yourself or build confidence, then just do it.  But be happy first and foremost with who you are !  That's all i'm saying and i know you agree with me.
We all have hobbies and interests, but at the end of the day, you do what makes YOU happy.... and no one else.  For years, I sought after gratification from family and peers, WRONG...............

The other key to life is the body food for the brain.  This is where i'm going.   We do much for our health, food wise, by making healthy choices, and also by physical activity, but it's the BRAIN that has to be in sync with rest of you.  It's the way we think and act.   You may have an idea, that at this stage of your life, you will never suffer from mental illness, but that's living in a dream world.  There is always something that can happen in life, and many of us have had a stressful one, and so comes the anxiety , the depression, the psychosis and other paranoid activities that come from our brains shutting down.  So when you think about yourself and loving you, you need to make sure you make your brain healthy.

Take the vacation, take the "me" day, get enough sleep and rest.  And love yourself, first and foremost.  Again, your body is a shell, don't focus so much on your looks, but focus on the vital organs inside.  We are like cars ! Honestly, don't care what color vehicle I drive, as long as it runs... POINT TAKEN... So we keep up with preventative maintenance, and we change things like spark plugs, filters, and belts.  Doing the old Oil Lube and Filter... yup your body needs it too.... Well, at the end, we are happy and we're driving a well oiled machine.  Do the same with our bodies, be happy with who you are and supply that brain some good food.... :)
love you all , and love yourself "B" xo

1 comment:

December downtime ....

Hello fellow bloggers, FB friends/family, Twitter peeps, and Google + followers... I've decided this month to take some downtime, t...