Wednesday, October 3, 2018

STFD...(literally) Shut the Front Door ....

OMG, AS THEY SAY....
What is it, with these annoying small creatures, that infest our homes when the fall begins, and the damp cool weather, along with humidity?
Unreal !

On Monday night, I let my black lab out and barely had the sliding door open for 30 seconds, and boom, they all came flying in.  So microscopic small but so annoying.  Managed to get my central vacuum out and did my whole kitchen ceiling. 

God forbid, you leave any fruit out.  You all know how much I love baking, and well, the banana issue, is getting to point, where I have to place them in a closed container and not out to soften up.

Then the front door, is just as bad.  Don't leave your porch lights on, because all you see is swarms and tunnels of them, so many they looked like a mini cyclone of bugs.  My dog gets totally annoyed, and I feel like I have to brush him every time he comes in, because they must just settle on his body.

Then there's Harley, my cat, Houdini, that no one see's, he just appears from time to time.  He's leaping through the house like he's trying out for a Cirque de Soleil appearance.  Drives him crazy.
Well, so what is the solution to these most annoying little creatures of God.

They infest your windows, doors, and animals and home.  They're probably spinning around my vacuum canister now that I've sucked up about a 1,000 of their relatives and friends.

And call them stupid.  They make a run for the cool house for sure once you allow them entry.  But they're so tiny, where the heck is their brain located ?  You have to laugh my friends and fellow bloggers.  This year, I thought, well, I'll do without decorating my porch with hay stacks and corn stalks and too many pumpkins, for this reason, but they've arrived.

Walks are the worst.  You're trudging down the road with the dog, and they are swarming in pods as you walk, and up your nostrils, in your hair and ears, so most annoying.  So feedback please, what is their purpose ?  Would fly paper help in the house ?  Probably not, these wee creatures are very intelligent lol. 

6 Ways to Instantly Get Rid of Gnats & Fruit Flies at Home
  • Create a trap by mixing apple cider vinegar with a few drops of dish soap.
  • Another home-made trap is to pour leftover red wine into a jar.
  • Mash up banana slices in a jar and cover the top with a plastic wrap.
  • Pour bleach solution into the bathroom sink...
  • Use an insect fogging product if you are dealing with a large-scale infestation.

Should we just go about our business, and tolerate them?  We can, but again, they're almost as bad as the mice that seek refuge in the winter.  Having pets is always challenging because they are in and out of the house faster than we can call BINGO.... Here's hoping they leave soon.  I remember them as a child, because our garage was the Cook out, for making tomato puree, and then well, if you were true Italian, you made your own wine, and that meant crates of grapes of all shapes and colours, and the wine press.  Holy Crapola !  You know where they all ended up, in the house. 

Aw , fond memories of childhood, but getting back to those damn (fruit) flies ? or small Bugs, or whatever it is they are, here's hoping they find all die off soon.  They are free tenants we don't want.
Cooking can be a challenge, if they are left to roam, so vacuum away my friends.

Take care, and Love you all "B"... have a great day !

No comments:

Post a Comment

December downtime ....

Hello fellow bloggers, FB friends/family, Twitter peeps, and Google + followers... I've decided this month to take some downtime, t...